I'm quite excited about you meeting todays #MeetTheBlogger. Myself and Denise met on the Today Show last October for their 'Drop a Dress Size' Challenge. While we were both on and off air, we gave each other support through our journey and have since remained friends. I was often asked by members of the Today team if we knew each other beforehand as we got on so well.
When Denise then began her own blog recently, I was delighted we had something else to share.
Meet Denise Sweeney from Dee-Termined to Glam and Glow
Firstly can I just say a huge Thank You to Eimear from Chirps From A Little Red Hen. This is a fantastic idea and for me it is a great way of letting others know all about me and my blog so well done Eimear!!
1) Why did you begin Blogging?
I began my blog as a form of motivation for myself to lose weight following my participation on RTE’S The Today Show with Fit Man Fran. I wanted to keep going with the weight loss but needed some form of a “push”. Being on the TV show was hugely motivating because people tuned in each week to see how I was getting on and once it was all finished I found that I lost my motivation. I also wanted to speak about things that I am passionate about and enjoy so I thought that the blog would be a great way of allowing me to express myself!
2) Describe your blog style in five words
3) Have you any other blogs?
4) What makes you follow / read other Blogs?
5) What would prevent you from following / reading another Blog?
6) Who would be your top three Blog recommendations?
- Chirps From A Little Red Hen (Of Course) Eimear has a fantastic blog and her posts are always a great read!
- Make My Day: This is a great new blog by a beautiful newlywed called Annie Edwards. She is a very creative person and wanted to share her tips and tricks. She is so creative and put so much effort into her own wedding so she felt that this would be a great outlet for her!
- Mentally Beautiful: I like Cat’s honest approach when blogging. I love that she speaks so openly about her experiences with Mental Health. She has a great approach and I am hooked!
- Claire With The Hair: Claire blogs about fashion, beauty, fitness and food. I especially love her food blog posts. She has some great ideas and I love trying them out at home myself!
7) What advice would you give to new bloggers?
8) A fun thing your readers don’t know about you?
My blog can be found at:
Again thank you Eimear for this opportunity to share a little bit about myself! I hope that you enjoy reading it!