Saturday, 14 March 2015

#MeetTheBloggers - Mentally Beautiful


Its that time again #MeetTheBloggers! I would like to introduce you to Mentally Beautiful, a blog by the lovely Cat Malone. I admire Cat for her honesty within her blog. She shares not only tips on beauty and lifestyle but also her story on how she deals with her mental health. I think she is very brave sharing her story and I've no doubt there are people who've been inspired reading her story. 

I hope you enjoy learning more about Cat Malone and Mentally Beautiful. 





1. Why did you begin Blogging?


I began blogging after I came out of psych hospital the first time as a way to come to terms with what had happened to me, but also to reach out. Mental health has a way of making you feel very isolated and as if you’re the only person in the world going through it. Also I wasn’t quite ready to shout from the rooftops about my illness, so the Internet gave me a relatively anonymous way of telling my story. 


I also wanted to share the little bits of beauty knowledge I’d picked up along the way, especially as I found it hard to find really pale Irish beauty bloggers, so why not try become one?! I’ve been really lucky in that I have come across such lovely people as I’m going along and my blog is my baby now





2. Describe your blog style in five words.


Casual, energetic, positive, instantaneous,


3.Have you any other blogs?


Nope, though I did start off at another blog address!


4. What makes you follow / read other Blogs?


This is terrible but I love really good photography even though I’m still working on actually improving my own photographs! I tend to follow any girls who are really pale like me for makeup recommendations, as I really enjoy reading beauty reviews I can actually go out and purchase. I also love blogs that deal with budget beauty, as I’m a student and my budget isn’t always huge, I’m a firm believer that sometimes you are paying for the name and rather the quality, and as I’ve said before I have no interest in brands!I love bloggers who give advice for new bloggers, I think that’s so kind and hugely helpful. I try to follow Irish bloggers as well, as there are not a huge amount of us, and I think it’s great to support your own, and the people I’ve met as a result of joining the Facebook group ‘Irish Bloggers’ are the nicest ever!


5. What would prevent you from following / reading another Blog?


Hmm..this is a hard one.. Probably if a person was racist or any sort of a bigot..I hate people who don’t treat others well..


6. Who would be your top three Blog recommendations?


Pale Girl – A lovely Irish blogger who deals with beauty, DIY and fashion. She takes some wonderful pictures as well.

Charlotte – A wonderful girl who is my first ‘friend’ that I made due to my blogging.Love her style of blogging!

And my final recommendation needs no introduction but it goes to Zoe with umlauts. This girl hasn’t even done her leaving cert and she has been nominated for all sorts of awards. Her blog looks so professional and polished, not to mention the fact she’s stunning! And Irish and pale!



7.What advice would you give to new bloggers?


Write about what you enjoy, how cliché but I think if you enjoy what you’re writing about it comes through. Put your personality in posts, I want to be able to get to know a person through their blog, so I love to see personality coming through! Also before you set up your blog do some research. See what it is about other people’s blogs you enjoy and look to see the type of layouts you think look well. And mostly just do it! I spent about two years saying I wanted to start a blog and I finally did it and Iim really enjoying it! And don’t forget you never stop learning, about blogging and yourself. But mostly ENJOY!!


8. A fun thing your readers don’t know about you?




I have some medals for college compound female archery! I used to shoot a compound bow for my college and was pretty ok at it for a while!

I foster cats from time to time and have three living at home with my mam and dad and a Japanese Spitz called Sama.

I also love interior design, and clearing out and organizing cupboards and shelves and stuff!

I’m quite heavily tattooed and plan to get much more work done! My tattoos are my art and I love them.

I want to go on to work in the mental health industry and am planning to do a diploma in Humanistic Counseling after I finish my current Honors Degree.







A huge thank you to the lovely Eimear for giving me the chance to say hello to every one and giving me some space on her wonderful blog!!

Cant wait to meet the rest of #MeettheBloggers!!

You can follow Cathy on the following links: