Wednesday, 1 April 2015

#MeetTheBloggers - Mummascribbles


Its that time again, its the first of this months #MeetTheBloggers. I'm really enjoying this series. I'm getting a wonderful response from some great bloggers who'd like to take part. 
On this #MeetTheBloggers I'd like to introduce you to Mummascribbles aka Lisa Cornwell. 
Lisa is a full time working mum and blogger. She created Mummascribbles to write about her experiences as a mum to a toddler and anything else that may crop up!
Her aim in joining the world of mummy bloggers is to share our experiences, help others with their journeys and all in all be there for one another in what is an exciting but challenging journey.

So, without further adieu, I'd like to introduce Mummascribbles! 



1. Why did you begin Blogging?


I’d had a couple of attempts at blogging a few years ago with little success. They were crafty ones rather than long written posts and I soon got bored. It wasn’t until I had Zach that I really discovered the blogging world, in particular the parenting and lifestyle side of things. I would do a Google search about something that I wanted to know relating to parenting, and lots of blogs would come up. I started to think that maybe I could have a go and that it would be a good place to let my frustrations loose. At first that’s exactly what it was, a couple of posts moaning about being a working mum. I look back on those posts now, even though they are only nine months old, and I can see how much it’s changed in that short space of time. It’s become more than a place to rant, more than a hobby. I love my blog and I love the world it has opened to me. 


2) Describe your blog style in five words


Honest, emotional, thought-provoking, friendly, informative

3) Have you any other blogs?


None that are actively used. I think my crafty ones are still sitting around but they haven’t been updated for years! I did start one in my pregnancy actually that has a couple of posts on them – I might have to transfer those posts over to mummascribbles.

4) What makes you follow / read other Blogs?


I like posts that are well written, heartwarming and funny. If they even have just one of those features I’ll read. I am subscribed to so many blogs by email. My inbox is full of wonderful posts to read. The majority that I read are parenting and lifestyle ones however just recently I started my own linky, open to all kinds of bloggers, and I have been reading some of the most amazing blogs that I wouldn’t have come across otherwise. It’s good to branch out sometimes! 



5) What would prevent you from following / reading another Blog?


If it was a blog full of reviews. Don’t get me wrong, I myself do reviews but I try and balance them out among my own personal posts and try to keep them as relevant to my blog/readers as possible. Sometimes I’ll come across a ‘parenting’ blog and it is review after review after review. I like reading real posts, real life stories, those I can relate to, those that make me dream and those that make me feel fortunate in life. It’s like reading a magazine – I wouldn’t choose to read the ‘WHICH’ magazine but I would read ‘Red’ for example. I have the same look on blogs. 

6) Who would be your top three Blog recommendations?


This is always the hardest question to answer. There are so many amazing bloggers out there and my answers change every time I answer. At the moment it would have to be Mrs H’s Favourite Things, Mummy of Boy Girl Twins and Reflections From Me. They are all incredible in their own way and I love it when they pop new posts up! 

7) What advice would you give to new bloggers?


I would have to say just go for it! I wish I’d have started as soon as I was pregnant. That’s when my parenting life really started and I would have had so much to write about from that point onwards. If you think you are serious about it, I’d opt for going self-hosted early on.The smaller your blog, the easier to transfer and the more freedom you have over it. Remember though, blogging is not just about writing posts. It’s a world of marketing and using social media all day every day. You have to facebook, tweet, pin, instagram, Google + and join in with as many linkies as you can handle! If you want a successful blog, if you want people to read and comment, you have to put yourself out there. The blogging community is mostly wonderful and I am making some very lovely friends through mummascribbles.

8) A fun thing your readers don’t know about you?


I have a tendency to randomly sign up for charity events. I have previously done a 5k run, 2 10k’s and a 20 mile walk. I have just signed up to do the 20 mile walk again, only this time it’s overnight! 





I'd like to say thank you again to Lisa for taking part in #MeetTheBloggers. You can follow Mummascribbles on the links below! 




If you'd like to take part in #MeetTheBloggers just send me an email to chirpsfromalittleredhen@gmail.com