Friday, 1 May 2015

#MeetTheBloggers - Aoife in Wonderland



Yay, its another #MeetTheBloggers! Today I'd like to introduce you to Aoife in Wonderland.



1. Why did you begin blogging?

Honestly, I write for myself. I've always put pen to paper and was intimidated by the prospects of having my own little corner of the internet. The blogging seemed to explode and become more popular with each day, but as an aspiring journalist I thought it would be a great way to develop my confidence and gain experience as a freelance writer. The majority of internships on offer these days require a third level degree, and I'm still in college. I'm consistently learning about the industry and loving every minute of it. One year later and I'm still amazed that this little hobby is growing, and that people are actually interested in what I'm writing. My words have travelled further than I have! 


2. Describe your blog style in five words

Diverse, honest, personal, 

3. Have you any other blogs?

No, Aoife in Wonderland is my one and only! - I've blogged on other platforms away from my own blog, such as Spunout, AfterDark, and The Fair magazine. I'm currently working on a new media section for my blog which will provide links to my other work.

4. What makes you follow / read other blogs?

I've been reading blogs for quite some time, and always viewed them as an online magazine. I love to find new interests and ideas, and the blogging world can be a source of inspiration, whether you write or not. I also like to learn more about the person behind the words, so finding fragments of personality in someone's work is definitely a plus. 


5. What would prevent you from reading another blog?

Dishonesty and lack of personality. I like blogs that are upfront, and honest. I don't want to read something and feel like a product or opinion is being forced on me, I prefer transparency and hate falseness. 


6. Who would be your top 3 blogging recommendations?

Danielle from LilliWhiteRose – she's the first Irish blogger I spoke to, and we started out within months of each other and she's even guest posted on my blog. Other than that, there are way too many bloggers to mention!

7. What advice would you give to new bloggers?

Firstly, write for yourself and don't feel like you have to have a specific style. Have fun, and stay true to yourself. Don't feel pressured to blog about something you've no interest in just because some bloggers are writing about the latest hype.




I'd like to say thank you again to Aoife for taking part in #MeetTheBloggers. You can follow Aoife in Wonderland on the links below!