Monday, 15 June 2015

#MeetTheBloggers - Jillian Godsil


Some of you will have already met today's #MeetTheBloggers back in February in the series #YourAnInspiration which you can read here

I'm delighted that Jillian wanted to take part in #MeetTheBloggers also. Its a great way for us to learn more about Jillian. She shares a little more about herself and introduces her blog.  





1)      Why did you begin Blogging?


I had tinkered with blogging over the years, writing for a wedding site that I co-owned and then a speech writing site. Then in 2008, I began formally blogging with my colleague Maria Golpe on our work site, covering topics to do with business, marketing and public relations. However, as time went on, I began to blog more and more about topics that were not work related. It was then that I decided I needed to write under my own name, www.JillianGodsil.com, and I have continued there ever since.

My first blog on my own site concentrated on debt, a topic that has exercised me ever since. Here is my first blog called Debt becomes her


2) Describe your blog style in five words


Passionate, emotional, concerned, social and honest


3) Have you any other blogs?


I also blog under a pseudonym as the author of a series of feminist, activist and comic erotic novels. The pseudonym is Aoife Brennan, the title of the books are The Cougar Diaries and the blog is on https://thecougardiariesireland.wordpress.com/about/
I wrote prolifically here (in tandem with my political blog) especially in 2013. Sometimes, I would get mixed up and on occasion my activist blog covered erotica and my erotic blog covered politics. And sometimes there were meant to cross over as life and art and politics and sex merge in our crazy mixed up world…
http://thecougardiariesireland.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/when-does-erotica-inform-politics/

I took a break from blogging on here last year when I began my masters in screenwriting in IADT but I am returning shortly. And I have some big news: my books are being translated into Irish. Peig with Sex – I’ll say no more!


4) What makes you follow / read other Blogs? 


Often I will stumble across a blog via someone else – a link on Facebook or Twitter. If the content is interesting then I will follow the blog. Otherwise, if I am following a particular topic or issue then I will follow blogs that are authorities on that subject or influential in that area.




5) What would prevent you from following / reading another Blog?


I only follow blogs that interest me, so by default if I was not interested in the topic then I would not follow the blog.


6) Who would be your top three Blog recommendations?


I like Samantha Kelly, @tweetinggoddess, and follow her on all her platforms including her blogs

http://tweetinggoddess.com/blog/

I find Danielle Serpico really inspiring. A thoughtful and provocative insight on life

http://theblackbeltmastermind.com/danielleserpico/news/

And I am in constant awe and support of Diarmuid O’Flynn, co founder of the Ballyhea Protesters, fellow European contender in May 2014 and now working in Europe with Ming to try and find justice for Ireland.

http://thechatteringmagpie14.blogspot.ie/


7) What advice would you give to new bloggers?


Write your passion. There is no point blogging about things that interest you slightly – you will very quickly run out of steam. So, unless you are being paid to blog in work, then choose the subject that excites you.


8) A fun thing your readers don’t know about you?


In 1983 I won the Miss Bideford Bay competition; my first and last foray into beauty pageants. I was 18 years of age and had just finished school and was on a last family holiday in Devon. The prize was a plaque, a branded duffle bag and an invitation to return to Bideford Bay in November to compete against the year’s worth of finalists. I did not return but the little plaque sat on a shelf in my old bedroom at home until last year when my mother sold the family home. In the move, the plaque mysteriously disappeared! LOL 





I'd like to thank you Jillian again for taking part in #MeetTheBloggers. You can follow Jillian via the links below!

Website: 
www.JillianGodsil.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jilliangodsil




If you would like to take part in #MeetTheBloggers, please send me an email to chirpsfromalittleredhen@gmail.com


I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you enjoy the series