Monday 22 June 2015

A week of Inspiration!

This is the first chance I've had to sit down and fill you in on a great week I had last week and to give you a proper update since my recent post Thank you, Changes & #SecretProject

So I suppose that best place to start is with #SecretProject! As I'd mentioned in my post Thank you, Changes & #SecretProject I'd an upcoming meeting which I had last week. While I'm still unable to tell you what #SecretProject is I can tell you that the meeting went better than I'd expected and I'm getting closer to sharing with you what #SecretProject is all about! So keep an eye out for a big reveal in the coming weeks!

After still being on a high from my meeting on Thursday, on Saturday I had a road trip in store and my first bloggers meetup with some great bloggers! The day began with me picking up Kathleen from Squidgy Moments. You would have met Kathleen recently on #MeetTheBloggers which you can read here. While I'd never met Kathleen before it didn't prevent us having a good old "chin wag" on our road trip to Wexford to meet some fellow bloggers!  


Irish Beauty & Lifestyle Bloggers Inspire had organised their first meetup in Cream Dreams in Wexford. This was organised by the wonderful ladies Danielle of LilliWhiteRose, Sara of Where is my mind Gone? and Anita of Anita's Beauty SpotI was so excited not only to finally attend my first bloggers meetup but to have a day out! 

From Kildare we set off and it seemed like no time at all that we were in the Sunny South East, Wexford town! We were met on arrival by Danielle who I was delighted to finally meet. Danielle has been a great support to me since beginning my blog and I really appreciate her inviting me to join the group as there are amazing bloggers involved. 



Off upstairs we went where I met Sara who too has been a wonderful support to me and Anita. As we settled in I met with S2u Beauty & Blog, Chasing Rubies Chasing Pearls




Danielle had invited Niamh Hogan owner of Holos Skincare to talk with us. I was delighted to finally meet with Niamh. I've known her for some time via various Facebook pages we are both on and Twitter. I love her attitude to both life and business. 

Niamh's talk for me was fantastic. It made me smile as her journey to beginning Holos Skincare as a business is where I am right now with #SecretProject (there's a hint for you!!). Niamh is an inspirational lady and has developed a fantastic business. Holos Skincare is created from nature. Niamhs products are "natural and holistic, free of parabens, ethanol and SLS" She is against testing on animals and they are ethically produced. 


In the goody bags we received there was a Holos Floral Toner which I was delighted to see! Day 2 of using it and it is fab so keep an eye out I think I will be treating myself to some Holos soon!! You can take a look at Niamh's range here 


After Niamhs talk we were treated to the lovely Dawn from Benefit Cosmetics. When Dawn asked for a model I volunteered without thinking! As I sat down I realised my makeup was about to be stripped off before being redone! I was "morto" as my skin has not been at its best lately but that is another blog post! Thankfully I was among friends and I soon got over it and enjoyed some TLC!!

Picture by Squidgy Moments

Dawn went through all the amazing Benefit Products she used to create a simple daytime look for the summer! Throughout I was dependending on everyones looks at me as to how it was going ... they all had smiles and when I saw the finished look, I must say I was delighted!! 

The finished look thanks to Dawn from Benefit!

Dawn is based at Sam McCauley in Wexford Town and if your in the area I would recommend popping into her and the team! 

When Dawn was finished it was a great opportunity for us all to mingle and of course to indulge in some ice-cream! Cream Dreams specializes in desserts and coffee and if your a fan of either you have to pop in as they are fab! And if your not they also do toasties ,waffles and pancakes.... whats not to like!! With ice-cream and warm day it could only mean a selfie competition! 


Thanks to my selfie, I won a fabulous prize from Netflix


Orange is the New Black Kit and a years subscription to Netflix! 

There was a raffle too for two fab hampers from Sam McCauley and all proceeds raised went to the Wexford Cardiac Unit. 

Earlier I mentioned the lovely Holos Floral Toner I received in a goody bag well, just look at what else I got! 


There were fab products not only from Holos but from Ziaja, Wet n Wild, Glove your Body, Bioderma and some treats for the journey home Popchips, Vita Coco and a little stick of rock! Keep an eye out on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see how I'm getting on with these goodies!



I had such fun and felt so relaxed among friends. The hashtag for the day was #blbinspiredreams and I must say they've inspired mine all the more, not only for my blog but for #SecretProject too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment