Saturday 24 October 2015

Netflix - When we got hooked!


Each time I turn on Netflix and look at what's recommended to view I'm overwhelmed by the number of fantastic options! There's something there for Me, my husband and I, our kids and for our family to watch together! So here is just a taster of some of our recent favorites. 


House of Cards


At this stage now I think we've all heard of House of Cards and how fantastic it is. This week my husband and I finally took the plunge to make a start on watching Season 1. Our expectations were high to start from reviews we'd read and heard. If I'm honest we were waiting to be disappointed ...... I'm only too delighted to say we weren't! From the first episode, we were hooked! Kevin Spacey who plays Francis Underwood from South Carolina is charming congressman and  with his southern accent you know there's more to the man that meets the eye. With his wife Claire (Robin Wright) by his side who too has her strengths makes them a team to admired and yet to "feared" - They want power and they will do whats needed in the politically correct way of course to do so! From only watching 4 episodes I can see both Frank and Claire taking charge in American politics and making sure they make their mark! 


Bernard


As we all know mobile technology is a big part of our lives! And while there are times I hate it, there are times they have their advantages! One Sunday morning this was the case when my husband came across Bernard on Netflix. As our 4 year old and 21 month old were snuggling in to watch I could hear the giggles and laughter from the three of them as I was getting breakfast ready. When we'd finished, I had to see what it was all about so we cuddled in the sitting room to watch a little more! 
I love the innocence and yet silliness of Bernard. They are short little scenarios and when you hear laughter from your children well that to me is a bonus! He's a polar bear that seems to land himself in silly situations and bless him in his awkwardness his brought new smiles and laughs to our home!  




This is one that I just love .... this one is all mine! From day one I was hooked and when season two closed on its final scene I was raging that I'd to wait until a new season started to see what was going to happen next. 
Peaky Blinders is set in post World War One Birmingham. Cillian Murphy who plays Tommy Shelby is just oh so cool and as the series progresses we get to know a little bit more about the man who lies beneath. 
When you see a cast like Sam Neill who plays Chester Campbell and Helen McCrory who plays Aunt Polly,  you cant help but feel this is going to be good and for me it didn't disappoint! It has crime, gangster family, love and twists in between..... what's not to love!



I'd love to know your favorites? When did you get hooked? 

No comments:

Post a Comment