Monday 20 July 2015

Review: Tropic's Superfood Hand Therapy

With summer trying to get into full swing it means getting outside as much as possible between the showers, doing some gardening and taking in the Turf! For me that means my poor hands are going to get some tough love and will need some TLC. 



When I received Tropics Superfood Hand Therapy to try I was delighted. Having already tried their Eye Refresh Roll which you can read about here I had high hopes and I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint! 

So being a Superfood Hand Therapy Cream what is is supposed to do? Well, it is an "intensive age defying treatment for your hands and cuticles". And it does this with the following;

Olive Squalane - Softens the most rough skin.

Mango Butter - Replenishes & hydrates.

Oatmeal Infusion - Repairs & soothes.

Papaya Extracts - Brightens & improves skin tone.


My first impressions was of the packaging. I liked that it was bright and simple. The lid too is great as you press it to open so it makes it very easy to close when you've cream on your hands. Many's a time I've been frustrated trying to twist caps on with cream on my hands but this is no more with this innovative lid! 

When I first used the cream, I was struck by the smell! It is just divine! This isn't surprising with ingredients such as Macadamia Oil, Papaya Extract, Grapefruit and and Bergamot to name but a few! 

Day 1 Before using Tropics Superfood Hand Therapy

Before I began using the cream, I noticed my hands were very dry as you can probably see from the image above. Between cleaning about the house, the garden, unloading turf and minding our two little ones my hands had seen better days! 

Not only do I love the smell of this cream, I also love how light it is. Many creams I've used in the past, I've felt to be "heavy" and almost look like a layer over my skin. The Superfood Hand Therapy absorbed well without my hands feeling greasy. With my hands being so dry it took a couple of uses of the cream to bring them back to life again! Once they were revived I felt the effects of the cream were long lasting. What I mean by this I never felt I needed to use the cream on a daily basis as I have in the past with others. 

My hands now!

After only days of using the cream my hands felt so much softer. I've noticed too with continued use that my nails feel stronger which is great. Overall for me, I found it to date to be one of the best handcreams I've used. 


Tropics Superfood Hand Therapy retails at £12 for 80ml (€17.21 approx) which you can buy here. I think for the price and the size it is well worth it. A little goes a long way so you get great value for money. 


All of Tropics Products are Certified "cruelty free",  Vegan Approved and Made with Natural Plant Extracts. You can learn more about Tropics Beliefs and Values here!


























No comments:

Post a Comment