Sunday 29 March 2015

#YourAnInspiration - Danielle Serpico




On this months #YourAnInspiration I'm delighted to introduce you to the lovely Danielle Serpico Mind Coach and Author of "The Blackbelt Mastermind" . 
Danielle's journey through life has been an interesting one. As a young girl she had hopes and dreams that seemed to get lost and tucked away as she grew up. Through the loss of her business in 2009 she soon rediscovered those hopes and dreams again which you can read about hereI'm thrilled that Danielle has taken part in #YourAnInspiration and I hope you enjoy her responses as much as I have. 


1) Why is inspiration important to you?

I think Einstein said “Success is 1% inspiration and 99% hard work”…. 

I would respectfully like to disagree with this statement. I believe that once we have the right inspiration, in other words, once we have found our truest inspiration, then the ‘work’ usually just falls in naturally. It is no longer work as such. It is simply what we do - a calling - an unmistakable force of action that propels us forward.

The Oxford English Dictionary says inspiration is the act of breathing in, or inhaling. It’s like an injection of energy, a filling up, a charge. I feel inspiration sets you on the path. At least that’s how it works for me. I get inspired by a beautiful track of music, or an incredible piece of art, or spotting someone doing a good deed for someone. Anything that makes my heart ‘fill up’. Then I am charged. This leads to my motivation and my want to do something equally meaningful, which leads to my action and my dedication.

I don’t believe you can change the world with simply motivation, as there is no soul, no substance behind it, but with inspiration the world has been transformed. My own journey was catapulted forward by extraordinary moments of inspiration. It’s what makes us human and what makes the world go round.


2) Who inspires you?

Wow. So many people! Buddha, Shakespeare, Einstein, Confucius, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Christopher Columbus. As he says… ‘You can never cross an ocean unless you are prepared to lose sight of the shore.’ Anyone that stepped out of their comfort zone to follow what they believe in. People every day who fight silently and understatedly in what they believe in. For what is right. Kind people inspire me most. Kindness and empathy. 

I could go on and on with the list of people but Mahatma Gandhi is probably my first that comes to mind, not simply because he is one that many mention but because he actually played a part in my early childhood. It was the second film I had ever seen as a child in a Cinema in Italy. The first was Ben Hur so I should probably class Charlton Heston as my first inspiration but when I went to see Gandhi I was awestruck. His sheer vision, passion and purpose was literally unbelievable. I remember leaving the Cinema wondering even at nine years of age how could someone be so strong and believe in something so entirely and convincingly to transform a nation. I know his story has stayed with me to this day.


3) What inspires you?

I touched on it in the last question. Kindness, empathy and compassion. People who show this in their actions regardless of what others say or think. I believe how one treats animals is a big tell tale of one’s character. How we treat other sentient beings who share this planet of ours. That also inspires me, a lot. This planet. Nature. That’s when I am at my most true. When outdoors and surrounded by my dogs and nature. The sea, the wind, the trees. That inspires me. Feeling connected to something much bigger than me. 

I have heard people say that they feel small, meaningless, when they try to imagine our little speck of a world in the midst of a great big universe but for me that’s incredibly inspiring and empowering. I feel connected, a part, a particle, of something huge. Something bigger then I can comprehend and it is that not knowing that gets me fired up. I believe that with the right mindset, with the right awakening we are all capable of so much more.


4) Who would you love to meet and have a chat with?

Mmmm, besides Gandhi? That’s a hard question. If I was to pick someone more contemporary I would like to meet JK Rowling as I am currently writing a fantasy novel and I love her story. Oprah would be awesome also to have a chat with! I admire her strength so much. And Nick Vujicic. If this man can get back up day after day with no limbs but a smile spread across his face then we don’t have any excuse. I would love to meet him and tell him what an inspiration he is.




5) What was the best news you received in the last 12 months?

So many little things that make me happy daily. Top three would be, my book being published and going on Amazon. Hearing that my mother has given up smoking and hearing super stories of transformation and change from my clients.

6) What’s the one thing that puts a “silly” grin on your face?

Animals. My dogs, cats and any adorable creature. I turn to jelly when I see furry creatures!

7) What’s your inspirational Quote?

“Whether you think you can or think you cant, you are right.”

8) What advice would you give to others in the hope of inspiring them?

Never give up and always get back up. You CAN have more happiness if that’s what you want. Focus on that, and that’s what you will get more of. Most of all realize that your brain works for you. Not the other way around. Really pay attention to this.

You are in control of the ship. Become aware of your thought patterns and that alone will help them to change. If you want to feel better or to be inspired, find out what you love doing and do more of that more often.


9) Anything you’d like to add?

When I listened to myself and heard all the negative things I used to say, I was dumbfounded. How can you improve your life if you keep putting yourself down?

Change what you say internally and your external dialogue will improve also.

Change and happiness is easy once you are aware. Its instant and simply a state change.

Smile right now and notice how much better you feel!




I'd like to thank Danielle again for taking part in #YourAnInspiration. You can follow her via the links below.

Website: www.theblackbeltmastermind.com


Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/theblackbeltmastermind?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DanielleSerpico




If you'd like to take part in the #YourAnInspiration series, just send me an email with your details to chirpsfromalittleredhen@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment