Friday 13 February 2015

Being Positive Pays Off!


On Wednesday, I posted the attached image on my twitter account @ChirpsLilRedHen. Over the years I've learned to try and be more positive and even during tough times, I try and find the good, the light at the end of the tunnel ... & not the oncoming train ;-)
Like a lot of people we all struggle with something from time to time or on a daily basis. Whether its family, social or financial issues, we've all been there in some shape or form.

Over the years I've experienced my fair share of struggles with the last 6 years being more testing to myself, my husband an our family.
Like many, we've experienced job losses but we've tried to focus on all the good throughout.
Since our marriage in 2009 and the birth of our son in 2011, things could only look up.

2013 I left the Coombe with a nurse telling me she would see me in 9 months after we'd a Missed Mis-carraige at our 12 week scan. I told the same lady who was there for the birth of our son ... give me a year :-) 2014 arrived and we welcomed the birth of our beautiful daughter. A year to the day from our "visit" in 2013, we brought our little lady home.
Since her birth I knew things could only get better. Our family was now complete with our son aged 3 and our daughter now 10 months. To me 2014 was going to start something amazing. While it took a few months for it all to kick off again after our daughters birth it did with perseverance and positivity start to make a move.

In June, I began my journey to losing weight and becoming a healthier me. As I progressed, in October, I was lucky enough to win the opportunity to "Drop a Dress Size" on RTE's Today Show. During my journey on the show, I gained more confidence in myself where I approached a well known parenting page to see if there was an opportunity for me to part of their team and work from home. I now currently blog for this same fab team. This in turn led to my own personal blog chirpsfromalittleredhen.blogspot.ie

So far 2014 has been a great year you might say!Today, my wonderful husband has topped it all off! He said a couple of months ago by 2015 he was going to start a new career. He wanted to find something that challenged him more and utilized his skills better. Today he did just that!

It wasn't an easy journey for him to achieve this but he did it through perseverance and courage, courage to make the change for himself and his family.

I've always been proud of my husband and family and today I'm extremely proud. It's easier to be negative and so tough to keep a smile on but today positivity has won and as biased as I am my fantastic husband smashed positivity!


"THINK POSITIVE, BE POSITIVE, AND POSITIVE THINGS WILL HAPPEN"   

No comments:

Post a Comment